Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrived Saturday 3:00 pm. Fished until 8:45. Ranger allowed fishing up until 9:00 pm. Used blood worms and herring. The bite started shortly after 6:00pm. Left the park w/20 monster croakers all caught on bloodworms.

See you guys Saturday. Anything new on the clean up?

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
No news. Just making sure everyone has their code to get on the park. HuskyMD will be letting everyone know what's up with the BBQ and who has not signed up to bring something.

M

·
0 Posts
Guess I left before the fishing got hot, I was there from about 7am, did not really start fishing until around 11am it was windy, and at one point had to leave the beach because of thunderstorm warning. I left with 12 croakers the largest being 17", the others ranged from 14-15", I left around 5.30pm, that's when the person fishing to the left of me started pulling in some fat croakers, I was hoping for a striper, no such luck though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
McRea, I saw your car and was looking for you. Where were you fishing. I was down by the Xmas tree until some unrulely folks parked on top of me. Then I slid down to the point.

Oh, by the way, when the bite started it really started. Couldn't get my lines in quick enough plus I ran out of blood worms. Brought along 2 1/2 dozen.

·
Banned
803 Posts
I dont know how it was yesterday(monday) at sandy point;trust this,(at matapeake;more like madpeaking) it was the more bizzare of weather fronts that i have experienced in 7 years there. wind was gusting to 40+ AND JUST when it was safe again, wind came back up, the WHITE CAPS were about 2'(I think of the ocean)temp was radical. fishing was off until 6:00 WE and another caught total fathead croakers(6) in a one hour time, then left matapeake shortly at nightfall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts