Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have permission to hit the water this weekend (we'll see if it holds, unlike last time!) and am unsure of where to go. I am stuck between SPSP or PLO. There have been some pretty good reports about SPSP this week and then then the fishing luck seemed to slow to a crawl.

What is the latest report from PLO. Stripers or Blues? Which would be best to go to. Trying to go to one or the other on Sat night if anyone is interested. If my privaleges get revoked (I am told that the wife is priorty #1, I think she is a little confused :jawdrop: ), I will post before Sat. to announce my bad news.

Also are there any schooling baitfish in the shallows of SPSP. Like, um, I dunno, Menhadden? If so are they big enough to catch with a cast net?

Keep up the great reports and I as well will post my reults upon returning. Tight lines,
- Surfman

·
Registered
597 Posts
Surf,
I am not sure where the best place is becasue it is slow everywhere. PLO might be better for blues though. As far a baitfish, SP has tons of bait right by shore. I think they are alewifes though. Some of them are pretty big and a cast net should work great.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Surfman, have you considered OC? Reports show great results on large stripers and other fish. It's a little farther away from home but might be worth the trip if you want action. I'll be at SPSP later today and be at OC this weekend too. I just need to find a place to fish at OC hence I never fished the coast before.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys,
Thanks for the input... I will probably do SPSP for closenes. Although, I have thought about OC too. Was there 2 weeks ago for a surfing trip (too crowded.. it kinda sucked) but saw alot of batifish and larger fish feeding on them. Just about 100 yards from the pier and right at the breakers. I knew then that I should have brought a pole and not a board.

I usually take 50 to 404 and then to 13 and back to 50.... Sware it is shorter. But I hit a speed trap last time and got clocked 58 in 35 (for those of you who didn't say Oh Sh#i!, that is reckless) Didn't see the speed limit change from 55 to 35 and BAM, smokey got me. Was even trying to speed, just didn't see the reuced limit. And Smokey was not nice about it at all. First ticket EVER! That I can't beat anyway. Not to mention there was a dead body in the middle of 495 at the college park area (actually saw the body, YIKES!:barf: . Had traffic stopped for miles! So the trip to OC kinda freaks me out on weekends, Too many cops and too many people on the roads.

So SPSP Sata night if anyone is interested.
- Surfman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts