Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any body familiar with both places please let me know. I fished at spsp several times now and have never been to breezy point. If I came from Fairfax VA. Will Breezy point be closer (look to be on map quest)? and fishing conditions, is it as nice as spsp? Thank you very much.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hi LO,
I have fished both SP and BP many times. I drive from Alexandria and for me it seems to be about the same distance for both. Breezy is out in a really rural area so it takes a little longer than the highway to SP. If you like to fish the beach SP is the best this time of year. Breezy has both a pier and a beach. I have only ever fished the beach early this season when there were not any swimmers. It was productive especially early morning and late afternoon and with a moving tide. Croaker, spot, blues and small stripers and flounder can be caught there. Althouhg the beach area is quite shallow. The pier there is suppose to be better, Hat 80 has had some luck. I intend on making it to Breezy again to check out the pier. It is not open 24 hrs like SP but they do have a campground there that people go to and you can fish all night.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RD, thank you so much for your detailed post. It have all the info. that I need. again thank you for your post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts