Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the wife and kids to SPSP last night for a little fishing action. We fished from 11pm to about 6am this morning. We were getting lbites from little stripers and small croakers and I figured the big ones had to be around somewhere. I loaded up the big rod and launched as far as I could. Rod went untouched for about 10 minutes and then ZIIIINNNNNGGGG. The drag started crying. My wife grabbed my pole and started reeling it in. She said its getting hard to reel in. I grabbed pole and and reeled and said its not to bad. Well on the end of the pole was a 21"striper. I was happy. Also got a 12inch croaker and several small spot and white perch. It was a good night. My wife wanted a striper and I was able to get one for her. will upload pic.

MC

·
Registered
359 Posts
Took the wife and kids to SPSP last night for a little fishing action. We fished from 11pm to about 6am this morning. We were getting lbites from little stripers and small croakers and I figured the big ones had to be around somewhere. I loaded up the big rod and launched as far as I could. Rod went untouched for about 10 minutes and then ZIIIINNNNNGGGG. The drag started crying. My wife grabbed my pole and started reeling it in. She said its getting hard to reel in. I grabbed pole and and reeled and said its not to bad. Well on the end of the pole was a 21"striper. I was happy. Also got a 12inch croaker and several small spot and white perch. It was a good night. My wife wanted a striper and I was able to get one for her. will upload pic.

MC
What bait did you use? Spot heads?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bloodworms

The rockfish hit on Bloodworms. The cut spot that i used got tore up but never actually got anything on it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Cool!

We were there a few nights ago and caught nothing but "almost" legal croakers. Sometimes 2 at a time but no rocks for us that night and we were using bloodworms and alwives.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts