Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went fishing for a couple of hours after work last night. Beautiful evening. Caught one small blue fish on blood worms. Not very crowded at all. The marina raised the price of blood worms to $7.95.

That rod tube I made the other night is exactly 48 1/2 inches long and it worked great. Now all I have to do is tie some fish finding rig this friday night and try them out on Sunday morning.

On casting is it just me or is/was everyone a little tentative about break their rod when casting? Should I be worried about break it or just forgrt it and just throw that rig I far as possible. It's a Okuma Solaris IM6 graphite 8' rod.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the invite and I would love the lessons; but I will in Michigan on a fishing trip/vacation that weekend.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
longranger, I'm not doubting your casting

ability here, but do you cast that far with an 8' rod? Or are you saying with the 12' rod of the same brand/model?

Either way I'm impressed. I was going to ask what size sinker he is casting with the 8' rod and what the rod is rated for. If he's throwing more than what its rated for than maybe he has reason for concern.?

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rod is rated for 1/2 - 3 oz. and am casting a 4 oz. weigth.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Fished SPSP last night too from 9-12. Nothing from the shore, so I decided to hit the jetty. Only one White Perch off of shrimp at the end of the jetty. Besides the occasional rain, it wasn't too bad; actually pretty nice being outside.

Orest-were you fishing from the shore or jetty?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Alot of times I can throw an 8' as far as my 10' its all how you load the rod.At IRI I can throw as 2oz sinker on my 8 1/2' almost to the other side;I did that when a boat was about to come threw and he honked his horn.I guess I cast too far:D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts