Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big Up Fishing Massives,

I drove over the Bay bridge this weekend and saw alot of people fishing on the Jetty next to the Bridge at SPSP. Any advice or info on fishing this Jetty or the jetty left of the small boat ramp? I haven't had much luck on Beach. Also How is the fishing at the Severn River Bridge.

D.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have fished the jetty in the past, but with little luck. One major reason is because of boat traffic, unless you are fishing late at night. I have caught fish at the end of the jetty casting out towards 11 o clock. It seems you can catch the same fish from the shore. Also the walk from the parking lot isn't that far :D

-addicted

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Don't know how the fishing is at the Severn R. bridge but when I went by there Sunday morning there were a lot of people fishing.

Catman.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
SPSP Jetty Fishing

I fish the jetties near the small boat launch area. Best times are before daylight using topwater plugs for blues and bass.

Hot tip (Don't tell anyone) - Favorite lure when there are baitfish in the water is a silver 1-1/4 ounce Stingsilver attached to a 30" length of 50 leader material. At the other end is a small 50 lb test swivel. On this swivel attach a 12" length of mono and a teaser. Use any type of Flash-A-Bou bucktail in sizes 1/0 and up.

Catches two at a time when the baitfish are thick!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Sandcrab,

Flashabou bucktail, sounds expensive. :eek: Do you tie these yourself? I use flashabou when I tie trailers for spoons and they work pretty good, especially on those stingsilvers when jigging for trout. I've been experimenting with krystal flash and synthetic hair lately and have great results.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Outdoor World to the rescue!

Joey,

They have all the bucktails you could ask for. I get the white ones with some silver in them...they run about $3-4 each.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts