Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...will be flying solo tomorrow morning, probably somewhere on the sand near the small craft boat launch. May bring the ol green canoe if not too choppy. Thoughts on techniques other than BW or squid until I can catch some fresh bait? May have to break out the gulp bait, yall have turned me into a true believer (trout rigged).

Stop by if you are out there!

-Trace
(in a red F-150)

·
Registered
44 Posts
SPSP Aug 8 report

I was there this morning fishing at SPSP from 3AM - 6AM then go to work. This is my first time fishing at the place. Nice place I must say. No action until about 5AM. I was not able to get any spots on FBBW. Luckily I brought with me 3 old spots from the freezer. Things happen fast from 5AM-5:30AM. I end up with 3 blue fish, 1 10" and 2 19", 2 TB croakers on FB. Too bad I had to pack up at 5:30AM otherwise, I might get a few more.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Try the first jetty to the left of the small boat launch...

I've had good luck in past years there with blues at first light on metal. If you use a leader with a white bucktail teaser, you can catch two at a time. Small metal spoons (1 oz) seem to work best..

The leader is made of 50 lb test mono - put a swivel on one end and snap on the other. Tie a dropper loop 1' below the top swivel. Put the bucktail on with loop-to-loops...

Sandcrab

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've had good luck in past years there with blues at first light on metal. If you use a leader with a white bucktail teaser, you can catch two at a time. Small metal spoons (1 oz) seem to work best..

The leader is made of 50 lb test mono - put a swivel on one end and snap on the other. Tie a dropper loop 1' below the top swivel. Put the bucktail on with loop-to-loops...

Sandcrab
do you have a pic of this setup?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Sandcrab and Likeiknow... I've never fished there in the mornings, so looking forward to it....I hope to be there by 4:30/5 am (most likely 6)

·
Registered
467 Posts
SPSP Tonight

Will be taking the wife and kids to SPSP tonight. We will be there near the Small Boat Launch area all night and then move in the morning closer to the swimming area. If you are out tonight look for the family of 7 fishing. Will post report after we return tomorrow.

MC

·
Registered
67 Posts
Do SPSP have lights lit all night, everyone seems to be heading there in the wee hours?? Where are good spots to fish there, thinking about making a trip there one of these nights?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts