Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
You will not be able to enter until 6am for now. After May 16th when you can fish 24/7 you will be able to enter before 6am.

Fishing hours for now is 6am to 9pm.

M

·
0 Posts
newfisher, maybe we'll run into each other, Saturday is going to be great day for fishing, weather wise, might be the last day you catch 30" stripers at the park for the spring.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Mcrea,

Is there a bait store across the bridge that's open before 6am?

they are calling for 30% chance of rain on saturday with 9mph North wind...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BIG Bear: I've read your message but I am coming from PG County so I'm trying to decide if I need to buy bait tonight or tomorrow. I believe Anglers opens at 6am but I want to be at the gate to SPSP by 6am. Does anyone know of a bait shop on the wasy to SPSP that's open by 5:30am on Saturday?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Newfish,
Was at Anglers early this week, purchased the bloods for 6.95. It seems the going rate about now. I usually get mine from Sports Fair in Cheverly for the same price and better looking than Anglers. Unfortunately he was out of them that day.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I didn't know you were coming from PG newfisher. :eek: I would say that your best bet is to buy your bait today. The worst feeling is to find yourself running around looking for bait when everyone else has their lines in the water. I'll be out there early Saturday also but I bought my bait yesterday and just put it in the frig! That's where the bait shops keep the bait befor the sell it to us. Better early than late! ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Fish,
If you come from area Landover/FEDEX Field area take Landover Rd. (202) west, toward P.G. Hospital. It'll be on the left hand side just beyond the hospital, I believe two lights. You would want to get your bait tonight, they close at 7 and won't open until 7:30 tomorrow. Give him call to check on the bloods (301) 277-8145. By the way they only deal in cash, no credit cards or checks but he did refer me to his atm machine he has on site. ;) I'm a try and get out to SP myself tomorrow if I can sneak out this wedding I have to attend. Maybe I'll run into some you fellas and learn a few things also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts