Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the SPSP gate open to anglers after 6PM???

For example, if an angler were to arrive after the time stated at the gate would he/she have problems entering???

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Nope open 24 hours until sept 15th when they close at sunset. To be there after sunset you have to be actively fishing. Everyone will need a license. Trust me the man checks. The cost is $3 dollars weekdays and $4 weekends to get in. Usually about an hour before sunset they close the gate and then you only have to pay $1 to get in through little slot machine that takes your money by the gate.

·
Registered
597 Posts
SPSP is open 24h for fishermen until Sept 15th. Between 8pm and 6am it is one dollar so have 4 quarters with you. After Sept 15th is is open 6am to 8pm.

bet me to it Fl

·
Registered
64 Posts
weekends

Beware, they start charging at 5AM on weekends. got there at 5:15 one sunday and the lady asked for 12 big ones (had my kids with me.) Had to leave cuz I only had 2 dollars till the bank opened at 9am. Got the kids up at 4am, made lunches, etc.... all for nuttin'. :( The sign clearly says they open at 6am, but it seems they get there earlier on the weekends to take advantage of the early risers. :mad:

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Beware the weekend events...

If they have an event such as the kite festival, etc. except to pay full price on Sat and Sundays...no matter what the time...

·
Registered
597 Posts
It doesn't matter what time it is. They just want to get their money. Just buy a season pass if you are going to frequent. Best deal and it works at all state parks including PLO.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Remember guys don't give up on spsp when they close the gates at sunset during the fall. The fall run is good there and right before susnset is when you will most likely catch that monster. I wait until the ranger comes over to tell me to leave when they close at sunset.

·
Registered
64 Posts
littlefry, I actually pulled back up to point this out to her. She said that 6am is when the park opens for non-fisherman, but they can start charging as early as they want.

If I decide to fish sandypoint again, I'll probably buy the season pass. I thought it was $60?

Jackson

1 - 12 of 12 Posts