Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fishing SPSP friday night. THinking about heading there after work high tide is around 4:30 and low time around 10:30. Outgoing tide worked well for me a few weeks ago. Going to give it a try.
:)

·
Registered
720 Posts
How's the weather gonna hold up tonight? Thinking about going myself for the first time but the weather has me worried. Not too safe to fish while lightning and storms are in the area.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya but thunderstorms move quick. You can always sit in your car and think about fishing while the storm passes. Will have to keep a close eye on the weather

·
Registered
720 Posts
Whoa, you respond pretty fast reddog :D The weather is real nice right now. Hope it doesn't get too bad tonight. Wouldn't mind reeling in some big ones with the new gear :cool:
How does traffic look near the bay bridge on a Friday night say around 7-8ish?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was headed toward the bridge from DC two weeks ago on Friday around 7pm and I flew right through. By that time as long as there are no accidents its fine. If you are coming from the other side, got me?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thanks for the info reddog. I know the fishing is good on the out going tide but it looks like I'm gonna get there pretty late. High tide is suppose to be around 5 PM I think and low is 10-11 something PM. How's night fishing on the low tide? Any luck?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You should have great luck before the tide is at its lowest and after it turns around it should get even better. Although you never know with these fish. The weather my play a role but that's why it is called fishing and not catching :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Anyone make it out to SPSP Friday night? I made it out there at about 8:30pm but fishing was closed as a lightening storm was approaching. Couldn't fish until 10:30pm when the park was reopened to fishing. Good thing reddog suggested to bring bug spray, man were there a lot of bugs there. Fishing was okay for a little while with a few croakers and perch. Hooked a ray in the morning hours so it was a fun trip. Got a few pics but need to figure out where to host pics.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice to see you had a good time Wrong Way. Didn't make it out there Friday but Saturday and last night. Sat. Night there were so many people. Couldn't really get a good spot, only caught an eel. Last night the bites were not many. Caught a 12" croaker on my first cast and later a small spot. Not much more. Lost both of my rigs last night. Both to the right of the point. Others lost some as well. Must be somthing there. Don't think it was the rocks because it happened in a wide area.??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.