Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to take a trip there this Friday night weather permitting. Anyone think it's gonna be rained out? How's the fishing been lately at SPSP? Is shrimp still the bait of choice or is bloodworms the better of the two?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I haven't been out in almost 2 weeks, but the last time I was there it was excellent fishing with bloodworms.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I managed to fish SPSP friday night. Not a lot of keepers but decent action. Ended up with 3 keeper croakers and 2 large spots. Hooked up with about a dozen throw back stripers between 8"-16" and quite a few perch. Had about a dozen missed rod benders as well. Not a bad trip with only 5 keepers but at least the action was there. Used shrimp, squid and bloodworms.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey Killerfish

It costs 4 bucks per person during the day and i think its a dollar to get in at night. Guys on this board who fish there more frequently can confirm this or correct it. Will you be coming to the casting session this saturday. It was nice meeting you last saturday. I plan on being there and improving on my last cast which was a little over 275'.

MC

·
Registered
7 Posts
yes ill be there god willing Master Caster and i think the furthest i threw was around 280 but next time i will compare dentance to my normal cast....:jawdrop:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yup Mastercaster hit it on the head with the prices. The fishing during the summer is much better at night so save some money and show up when it is only a 1$ fee.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a $1 per car from 8PM-5AM. All other times it's $4 per person during the summer. I wouldn't recommend daytime fishing on weekends since it gets really crowded with beach goers on a nice day. Night time fishing is pretty good but it can also get crowded on weekends as well. Fridays have been good for me just after 8PM. Just make sure you read the tide charts and hit the waters a little before high tide.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you all for the information; will keep it all in mine if and when i decide to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts