Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Just received word from Ranger Tindal that the park has decided to cancel our cleanup event tomorrow due to the weather. :(

Really appreciate the interest we generated on the site with lots of people willing to help show the park how much we appreciate the park and the benefits that it has brought Pier and Surf fisherpersons.

Thanks go out to those who had volunteered to help cleanup the park:

Bayfisher
Catman
Cutbait King
EBA1225 and Son
Fish01265 and friends
Fishing Rod and Wife
Hookem and Son
HuskyMD
Kayo and Wife
Master Caster, Wife, and Father
McCrea
Skully

We had a total of 21 people who were ready to help.

Special thanks go out to HuskyMD for coordinating the picnic and BBQ concerns.

Additionally, I was also informed that the gate code is no longer valid for use due to event cancellation. Do not try to use it as an alarm will sound notifying park police. :eek:

FYI- The park is open from 5 AM until around 8 PM. You will pay the normal park entrance fee of $4.00 per person if you enter the park during this time period. After the toll plaza closes (around 8 PM), you pay $1.00 per car to enter the park provided you are actively engaged in fishing.

Until next time! ;)

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
so tonight is the first night it is open all night?
too bad its gonna be raining...

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I wasn't wounded, I would be fishing tomorrow at 5 AM, rain or shine. No one around in the rain but dem fishies. :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey Sandcrab
Although the event is cancelled, will you still be heading up there in the morning. I already have my babysitter lined up for tomorrow so i still intend to go to the park. If anyone else is still going in the morning just let me know.

MC

"Remember,the further you cats the longer it takes to bring the big ones in." ;)

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I am wounded and can not cast, the only reason I was going to get to the park early was to cheer on Catman and Husky when they were fishing. :D

As the event is cancelled, I'll be home doing something...

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have never been there before. WHere is the best spot to fish from up there?

MC

"Remember,the further you cast the longer it takes to bring the big ones in." ;)

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
MC, what time are you going?
Drive into park, go straight after the gate and take the last left (last road on left, not left parking lot). Park closest to H20.
Walk out to the point or on the left between the cars and the point. Fish.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey Husky,Sandcrab

Thanks for the info. I plan on getting there by at least 5am. I already have my wifes mind set for that time so I will be trying to get there then. If anyone is coming ill be there.

MC

"Remember,the further you cast the longer it tkaes to bring the big ones in." ;)

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As the new park hours are 5 AM until around 8 PM, you will pay top dollar to enter the park ($4.00 per person). Get there before 5 AM and pay $1.00 per car. :) Remember - there will be lots of boaters trying to get there early too!

·
Banned
803 Posts
Just get better brother after the surgery. I f you see a skinny guy with a 12 foot and 9 foot ugly stick "acting out" and you need help on the take or cast and your there, just throw a rock at me, i will slow down and help you. thank you for the effort that you helped in getting this cleanup on the way even though the cancellation.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Cool now I got a new lure :D and some lettuce tomatoes, onions and 2 big bags of chips. I just still may go so I can try my new lure. I'll be the one eating lettuce and tomatoes and onions between 2 chips :cool:

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Glad I hadn't bought the 3 dz. hamburgers, rolls and cheese yet. Half my freezer is full of sea bass from last week. I did make up the Pies&Surf name tags in plastic holders with a pin on the back. They're pretty neat and done in color with the P&S logo, your forum name and your real name. I even have one for each guest. I'll just hold them for the next event. Maybe we can plan a P&S family picnic this summer. We don't have to tie fishing in with it. Just a thought.

Catman.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey, how come nobody asked when the raind date was? I still want to meet all of you and share fish stories over the grill. Let us know. I still want to help clean up the place. I want to show my son that people still care and they care of our natural resources. ;) :cool:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey Guys,

Im just wondering if anyone will be joining me in the morning. Ill be heading to SPSP and i will be getting there by 5am. Just look for a Blue Suburban 89 model and that will be me.

MC

"Remember,the further you cast the longer it takes to bring the big ones in." ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'll just put the 4 packs of plastic table covers in storage. Ranger is right - bad day. Don't won't anybody coming down w/the flu and all.

We all can get together for a P&S BBQ or something anytime on a good day. Until then, I'll meet most of you on the beach. I have this incurrable speech problem in that I'm talking most of the time so you'll know who I am. Not coming out today. Had a bout w/the flu not long ago and am not
in the mood for another round.

So to all you brave fisherpeople, more power to you today. Sandcrab, way to go in trying to put this thing together. To all the other volunteers way to go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts