Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to try out Breezy point on Saturday. Got their at around 5:00 and after about 30 minutes decided it wasn't worth staying. Its a bad sign when your bloodworm has been untouched after half an hour. Went back to the usual spot at SPSP only to find tunafish at it again. Reddog joined us a little later. Between the three of us, we managed to catch some spots, croakers, and a few throw back stripers. Not an amazing night, but a lot better than the night before. Weather held up nicely. My buddy did manage to catch a horse shoe crab- those are some ugly looking creatures. All fish were caught on bloods and squid. tunafish caught about a 15 inch striper on bloodworm and the one I caught was off of squid. Reddog also hooked up with a dink off of bloodworms. If time permiting, I'll most likely be there again this week. Anyone else get any luck?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just got back from SPSP. Fished Sunday Morning from 7 till 11. Only caught a few small spot and croaker. Didn't see anyone else doing any better.

I lost a lot of high priced blood worms though without a strike. Could it possibly be crabs?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hey addicted,

I was at Breezy from 3:30 to 8pm yesterday, who were you? I was the guy with the wagon. Your choice to leave was a good one. I left at 8pm with 4 Spot. Hey flea, we need some stickers man, this happens all the time....Tightlines

·
Registered
26 Posts
Where do you guys fish at at spsp I was towards the tree and got nothing cept a couple throw back rockfish. We didn't get there till 8 so probaly had something to do with it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks like I got somebody hooked. The name bitterchild suits you very well. Couldn't have done better myself.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hat,
that was my first trip to BP. the pier looked too crowded so I decided to walk down towards the marina and fish off of that jetty (or whatever you want to call it). I thought it would be productive. A lot of alewives in the water and diving birds. I was hoping some blues would roll around. Have you had better luck in the fall and spring? Also, is the water really shallow there? it seemed like it.

-addicted

1 - 10 of 10 Posts