Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://lh5.ggpht.com/decentfishing/SL63cn58XcI/AAAAAAAAANg/VaVcYe4mNWo/s576/SPSP9-3-08.jpg

Since kits were back to school, decided to do some blue fishing at SPSP yesterday. Arrived around 2 pm. As expected, only a few people were fishing on the shore, and less number of the people was swimming. The day was super beauty with light wind. The water was clear. The high tide was around 7 pm. This was the best condition fishing at SPSP. Threw cut spot into water with no action until 4 pm. With water started boiling, I landed small blues one by one. Most of them were 10-12", and one of my neighbors caught one 15-17". Totally pulled up more than 30 blues on the shore and kept 10 (12-13"). Wrapped up for a good day around 7 pm.

·
Registered
359 Posts
How is the traffic getting there. Also how bad was the traffic on the bridge going eastbound?

Thinking about going to KN but afraid of the traffic.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many small spots around 3-5" are available near the shore in SPSP. Light rod and Fishbite bloodworm will help you do the job.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Gotta love those blue fish. Great mako bait in the summer.

·
Registered
126 Posts
SP right now is also a great place as a "confidence-builder" in learning how to cast for fish.
Tossing a Hopkins, Rattle-Traps, and 2oz bucktails with a trailer early evening or morning WILL land fish. Or if Lucky to be there tossing into a school of breaking fish.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hey at SPSP does everybody go fishing at the Beach or the Pier?

Also can i just use a regular spinning reel 9 ft rod that i use at the pier for the beach?

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Hey at SPSP does everybody go fishing at the Beach or the Pier?

Also can i just use a regular spinning reel 9 ft rod that i use at the pier for the beach?
Yeah, a 9ft rod will be just fine on the beach. BTW, there is no pier at SPSP. However, some people mistake the boat dock for a pier. People do fish off of the dock, but it's mostly bait fish there (good crabbing area too!!).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts