Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It has been months since I was able and capable, because of moving,school, and GAS! to get out to SPSP. Will anyone honestly tell me if the beach is insanely populated by those who refuse to pay attention to the "NO SWIMMING" in our fishing area? Within the next 2 days, I will brave going there to fish for a night and not return for several weeks again. This would make it more realistic for me to know what to prepare for. ty people.:fishing:
I am just an ole fart trying to get his fish on again.

·
Registered
424 Posts
You have to get up pretty early to beat the crowds....

Had the beach to myself at sunrise...

But it wasn't long before this.... Still early here, it got much more crowded.

·
Registered
269 Posts
lol how do u go fishing when there is people swimming infront of your fishing pole?

when you reel in woudn't somebody get a hook in there face?

·
Registered
424 Posts
lol how do u go fishing when there is people swimming infront of your fishing pole?

when you reel in woudn't somebody get a hook in there face?
It ain't easy... :D

As the pics show, nobody was there when I started. I was there first, in an area designated for fishing. You try to tell people this, but they don't care. For every person that listens to you, 10 are jumping in. I moved over, & cast away from people. But they invade your space while the bait is in the water. By the time I'm reeling in a fish, I'm trying to manuever it away from people, but they still try to grab the line! Eventually I gave up & went home.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
this time of year you have to go when the swimmers arn't there, or go around the point or on the jetty. go to KN instead during the day.

·
Registered
269 Posts
lol, man i cant beleive there are that much people in this world who would do that, lol
so stupid

You should have chucked a 5 oz weight at em,lol jk

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Been there - done that...

One phone call to the SPSP Ranger will take care of it...

Sandcrab

·
Registered
689 Posts
If the rangers were doing their job, they would have noticed this crap, and taken care of it a while back, so that it would not appear to P and S. Its obvious they dont care, and yet we fishermen have to be inconvenienced by morons in the water in a fishing area, with rangers who wont open their eyes, and then do something, and tell the swimmers to get the hell down the beach and swim where they are supposed to. This situation infuriates me.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Usually you see Ranger action during striped bass opening day - after that, you'll have to call to get them about fishing-side problems. They will respond...

Sandcrab

1 - 11 of 11 Posts