Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First-time going to SPSP early tomorrow morn. :cool: Will try the recommended area near the point. Can anyone tell me what the area is like? Lots of sand/rocks/dirt? Bring chairs? How deep is the water off the beach? How far of a cast to hit deep water for good size croakers/stripers?

Just want to be fully prepared! :D

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
It is a nice sandy beach (thus the name Sany Point). Bring a chair (lawn chair, camping chair).
Cast as far as you can. You can catch fish close, but I tend to see more brought in when casted far.
I don't know for sure, but I have gone out swimiimg in the swimming section and it isn't very deep. I can go a long way before it is over my head.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
When you get there look for the greenest tree on the beach(there's only one)and to the left(if your standing in front of the tree facing the Bay) of that tree you'll see a point,set up camp there and cast as far as you can around 250 ft.-300ft. use bloodworms,the water is pretty deep at that point.I was there Wed.morning early only cost me a buck to get into the park(6:00am)but if you can get to the point you'll knock them dead,place your rods about 8' apart. :D :D TRIGGER

1 - 7 of 7 Posts