Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished SPSP from about 10 - noon nothing to write home about. Great surf and windy. The only thing happening was the stupid parasurfer getting to close to shore and your line.

Packed it in and went to the Tank. Fished until 4:00 - nothing, just a few bites and rain. Nobody was catching anything. Fished the Easton side (higher lamp post numbers); I was fishing by the little shelter/picnic table around post # 42 - 43. I was using bloods, shrimp and cut croacker for bait. Talk to some guy I usually see at SPSP and he had peelers; said people were catching some nice size strippers Friday night on peelers, down by the light blue portta-potty; about the fifth one fron the Easton side. He said you can get peelers at Johnny's across the bridge.

Really liked fishing there. Luckly I has a spare t-shirt to wrap around the concrete railing; no way I was going to rest my 12 ' Okuma Solaris rod against it. I see where people use duck tape to cover the edge.

To all folks who cleaned up the pier, it still looks great from what I saw. I did pick up several beer cans and other trash and one large clear trash bag and hauled them to the dumpster on my way out. How @@@king hard can it be to carry your trash out with you, you carried it onto the pier. ##ll it's lighter know, you drank the liquids and ate the food; alls that left is empty cans and wrappers.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Trash

Saw a DNR guy collecting trash on the Cambridge side on Sunday..he was pretty cool..my son and I helped him collect what was in our area...on the way out the pier was pretty trashed..lots of glass bottles laying around.did our part picked up whatever we could..left the pier with all of our trash! Tight Lines To All! Murphman:)

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Well, I guess the pier and inlet cleanups are kinda working, the P&S'ers are still having a "marathon cleanup". I always try to take my trash, and pick up some of others where ever I fish, and especially on AI, 'cause for some reason, it's my sanctuary, all of lifes little problems (ain't got no BIG ones when I look at some other peoples situations and circumstances), are forgotten for the brief moments I may be lucky enough to spend there. I always have extra trash bags, and if fishing is extremely slow, have taken out one or two bags. Anyhow, have to treat your "favorite" spot like it is home ('cause to me AI might just be my "home away from home", yet I am just a visitor), and if you might be fishing at someone else's home, don't be a pig, and "help clean up" after the party.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Home away from home

Shaggy great statement from the heart.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts