Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BLEH!:barf:

There thats my report! Nobody missed anything. Fished from 5 till 9. Nothing! Will post more later. I am going out to the bar to throw some back and meet some lovely ladies....hopefully;)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Trip to SPSP

The only thing i have good to say about my fishing outing to SPSP on 8/14 is that i met some fellow P&S guys. It was good meeting you Tunafish and Reddog1. FLFisherman, Let me know when you wanna head out and ill see if i can join you. Ill give Hat a call about Breezy Point..........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
271 Posts
dont feel to bad guys,

just got back from solomons, and it was pretty slow, got there at
8pm. 1 nice size croaker and a few spots for bait.skeeters were hungry, felt like i was the bait tonight..

maybe next week, good luck !

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I am back from the "Club" Many fine ladies seen tonight but none brought home:p Very SLOW night at SPSP. Met a few lurkers and they love the site. Only saw a few large perch caught close to shore. The weed monster showed his head today an brought in about a 5 mile length of weeds today when the tide changed to incoming. There might of been a red tide because I saw a few stripers dead floating. They were well over 36" . I picked one up b/c the current brought it to shore. I saw 3 of them about the same size. Like I said nobody missed anything. Hope everybody did better than I did!

·
Registered
592 Posts
You guys missed out, well sort of, fished from 9:30-2:30am, 4 croaker (10-12”), 1 white perch, 3 spot (8-10”), many "rat" striper (most 3 “-8"), channel catfish (18”), few double headers but around 10 was prime time, one after the other for a while.
Your spot, FL was dead from what I could see.

It was unusual to catch that catfish. Never did that before out there. At first I thought it could be a large striper since it was putting up a good fight but no and it was splashing around in the water. Was able to take a few keepers so it was not a total loss.

MC nice meeting you as well, you too FL, we will fish again.

It turned out to be a beautiful nite with just enough breeze to keep the bugs off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.