Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much going on at sandy point this weekend. Friday night the bites were few and far between with only a large spot and a few perch.
Last night was considerable better but mostly perch again (5-10) and a few croaker (12-15") late night.
It was an eventful night last night because the guy next to me hooked into a large cownoase and it proceeded to cut both of my lines and I lost everything, really sucked.
I caught and released any fish this weekend which I do most of the time since I don't eat a whole lot of fish and I just didn't feel like cleaning them this weekend.
Saw a lot of deer out there this weekend as well but it is a shame when you see them sitting on the side of the road in between all of the garbage. I guess people think that when they litter the trash just magically walks itself over to the trash bin and disappears. People just have no respect...

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
SPSP

I also was there Friday morning really slow.

I did go back Sunday morning lot of deer in field by road to North Beach parking lot; there was so much trash in main parking lot. Why don't the police watch these people as they leave the beach and make sure they take their trash.

Fishing was really slow Sunday AM. A few guys caught some Skate.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are not police but just MD DNR and lately they have not been enforceing the rules as they did earlier in the year. I guess it must be too much work for them.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
For beening a trash free park, it sure does have a lot of trash.

And where do you think some of that trash blow to, the bay.

Maybe they should make people show their trash before leaving the park and reward/refund them a dollar or 2 for their efforts.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WHat they really need is places to put the trash. THey apparently used to have trash bins there but took them out since it was an eyesore. I pick up the garbage around me and have to walk to the bathrooms to find a can. At least put a few cans in the parking lot or something, people are lazy including me.
Breezy point had them right on the beach the last time I was there and it seems much cleaner then SP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts