Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fish spsp today. got the rods in the water and immediatly started getting bites. didnt catch any, but was getting bites, from blues i guess. was using cut bunker fresh. the flies were however, out of controll. i was getting eaten alive. i stayed an hour or less, i couldnt take it anymore. My cooler was covered and so was it. Beautiful day out, fish were biting, but so were the flies, it was insane. Any tips on keeping the flies off me, i didnt have bug repelant, but i hear that doesnt work for flies. There were swarms of them.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Not much you can do with them buggers. I have found they are attracted to things that are blue. I usually wear light colors or white. My cooler is blue and when there are flies they will gravitate to it and leave me alone. Also long pants works but not blue jeans (blue again) I was fishing with a buddy, I had tan shorts he had blue jeans and the flies were out ... guess which one was dancing :D ... we both were but I was dancing cause I was reeling in fish :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
flies

What ind of flies are they? Have you tried avon skin so soft? This works here in fla on tiny black flies called no see ems not so much for mosquitos which respond to deet.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
flies

Skin so soft does'nt do a thing for those unrelenting black flies ,they are very persistent and can and will ruin a fishing trip =they really attacked my poor little dog chewed on the ends of his ears pretty bad-good luck fishing and watch those black flies nasty little guys :fishing:!!!!

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Skin so soft does'nt do a thing for those unrelenting black flies ,they are very persistent and can and will ruin a fishing trip =they really attacked my poor little dog chewed on the ends of his ears pretty bad-good luck fishing and watch those black flies nasty little guys :fishing:!!!!
You are right !!! They do tend to pick on dogs real bad. I know they would not leave my poor dogs nose alone and I had to cut my trip short (after only 2 hours) and bring the boat back in. Once they attach to you / your group they do not go away unless you drive away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts