Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was another eventful night as SPSP. Hit the beach at around 8pm and once the first pole was in not two minutes later hooked up with a 14" croaker. After that is was croaker after spot after perch. It was hard to keep both poles in the water at once most of the time. Some nice size perch (10") and spot but most small. Around 12am had a poor cast since I was getting so tired and accidently hooked into a large cownose. Had to have a 2-3' span. Took a while to bring in but got it on shore and found it was hooked in the wing. It was interesting since I have never caught a ray before.
After that I was done, total of between 20-30 fish, 6 croaker, 10 or so spot and the rest perch. Another great night the moon was out and little bugs to speak of.
what more can you ask for?:D

Plus it was a strictly catch and release night for me, all fish back in the water to be caught another day.

·
Registered
18 Posts
RD, good job. May I ask what kink of bait did you use and where exactly on the park did you fish ? (if you don't mind) I am planning to head to spsp tonight (late) thank you very much.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LO
For other more specific info on the parkl I had posted previously read this post
http://www.pierandsurf.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3125&highlight=SPSP

As for bait and such I never go there without bloodworms. I have tried nightcrawlers, squid, shrimp with limited success. However, squid and shrimp can work and I have seen people very successful there with that bait. Just not me. As for location, anywhere in the fishing area is good specifically to the left of the tree on the beach has worked for me The only thing that I think is a need at SP is the ability to cast out fairly far. FOr instance, I was out there last night and could hardly keep both poles in the water and others around me were catching the occasional fish and they were pretty close to my spot. Also, check your bait regularly, something I see most peoeple forget about and there poles are out with no bait and they don't catch anything.
I am not sure how far I actually cast but I assume it is around 250-300 ft. THat gets me into water which I assume to be between about 5 and 8 feet (maybe deeper in spots) which especially this time of year is good. The fish are seem to be feeding closer to shore since the water is warmer. Any other info ...just ask that's what this forum is about..info

·
Registered
18 Posts
thank you so much for your help RD. Will try again at spsp sometimes this week. Will post the result to you and everyone here. Again thank you very much.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts