Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went there last night from 7:30 - 12:00. The bite was constant but not a blitz like a month ago. Caugght few spots and bunch of croakers (I think around 15 of them). The croakers were around 13"-18" and most of them were around 17". By the time I had to pack it in, they started to hit pretty good.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I thought that was you Tunafish. Sorry I didn't meet you again this time. I had the same luck where I was at. A lot of spot, few tiny striper, perch and one 15" croaker that put up a good fight. It was just extremely humid out there last night and the bugs were no picnic either.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RedDog1, ditto. I thought I recognized your poles. I meant to stop by also, but once I get the hit, I got interrupted. You're right about the humidity, I had to wear my overall to keep the bugs from feasting on me and I was swetting like a pig. Anyway after you left, all of the Croakers were big. I'll probably see you there soon.

·
Registered
720 Posts
You guys are lucky to get to fish that often. Glad to see that there's fish still out there to be caught. It's also a good sign that spots are in the bay now and more (bigger) fish to follow. What bait were you using Tunafish?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Tuna,
It looked like it was getting really crowded down where you were. I wish I could have stayed later but had an early day today. I am trying thinking of going out again on Sat. night but we will see, got to check the weather. Hopefully there will be a breeze

·
Registered
720 Posts
That's pretty nice to make it out there on a nice evening even though it was rather hot and humid yesterday. Unfortunately for me, I'm at least an hour from the closest bay fishing. We got a lake not 5 mins from me though which isn't bad. My bro caught a monster crappie, 11" last night but it's still not the same as pulling in those heavy croakers :D Hopefully the bit stays good until Sunday when I venture out to SPSP for a day trip. Can't wait to wet the new rod and reel.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
SPSP

I am going to hit SPSP tonight. It is good to hear the reports of many fish!! I will bring the big cooler this time. I just picked up a lantern from Target on sale for $16. Now I will be able to see what I am doing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i have questions..

what is the cost to get into the park? also, do any of you throw lures there? do i need big rods because i like medium action stuff instead of those telephone poles you see people reeling in spot with. i like to fight the fish. i use stuff that you would probably use for bass, and the biggest stuff i have would be for catfishing maybe in freshwater.

i'll probably go to kent narrows to throw lures tonight, catch some sleep in my jeep and baitfish all day tommorrow. i don't have anything planned this weekend. i'll have on a dark blue Lockheed Martin Manassas Hat, so say high if any of you see me.

I'll try to get out to Sandy Point, I look out there evertime I cross the bridge coming back and that jetty looks like a great place to throw lures. Any of you guys do that?

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cost is 1.00 off hrs (after 8:00 pm weekdays), 3.00 peak on weekdays. 4.00 per person on weekends.

At SPSP, I never use lures, only bottom fishing. I use a 12 ft, so I don't consider it a phone pole. If you want a good fight, I'd say Croaker is a good fighting fish. If you fish at SPSP however, you'll probably need to cast it pretty far out. So, I guess your freshwater rods won't do.

Yup, I look everytime I pass the bridge.

·
Registered
54 Posts
well, maybe one day i'll get out there. thanks tunafish. croaker are a good fighting fish, but i caught enough of those at the 'tank. i'm kinda tired of catching them. i'm ready for the trout and my favorite fish SPOT! croaker are fun to catch though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.