Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to SPSP at around 8 (i hate 495 traffic). Fishing was extremely slow last night. One white perch, spot, and small striper. No takers on the cut bait, but atleast the weather cooperated. A reminder to all others that fish spsp-make sure you bring your fishing license or have one on you, the park rangers make regular checks, like last night. It would be unfortunate if you get fined or have to leave. Probably will be heading somewhere to fish tonight (have to make use of my overpriced bloods). Any ideas of where to fish? thinking about PLO, maybe choptank, or SPSP again. See you all on the water.

-addicted

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
We'll, you did better than me. All I got was 2 spot. Yeah, last night's weather was pretty nice. I gave up earlier than I normal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
First time I've seen rangers walk around and check, usually only that guy drives up and checks once.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Last night, this female ranger came out of nowhere and asked me what's in my cooler. She scared the jeepers out of me as I was tending to my pole. It was dark and I was alone in an area around 100 ft. Like you said, they usually drive their Ford Explores around, but this time she was walking around, so I was not expecting anyone to sneak up behind me. Anyway, they're very dedicated to finding poachers and fishing without licenses. They do more checking than at the airport. MMMM, maybe the feds should assign DNR to patrol the airports.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Am headed to SPSP after work. Have to stop at Warren's Bait Box first for some worms.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Ha TunaFish! I had the same thing happen to me a couple of summers ago. I was out there fishing for trout around midnight and had a ranger come up on foot and scare the bejeebus out of me!

That place is creepy late at night.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Orest-Where is warrens bait shop?

I've been forced to buy my bloodworms at anglers, which i'm not too happy about. I drove on to kent island the other day and saw a bait shop off of 50. Does anyone know what time they close? Thanks. Probably will head to SPSP again.

I know what you mean about the rangers sneaking up on you. As soon as I turned around to bait, I just see someone right behind me with a flashlight. Sneaky man, sneaky. I think its great they check for fish and licenses, that way the only people that fish are the legit fishermen.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Here is the address

Warrens Bait Box
7403 Baltimore Annapolis, Glen Burnie, MD 21061

(410) 768-6977

I live in VA so not sure where exactly it is

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Warren's Bait Shop

It's off of 97.

Exit 648 is North Route 100.

Take exit for 648 East. Turn right on 648 and he is on your immediate left. White building.

Blood worm are big and cost 7.50 ??; great big sand worms, too.

He is open until 7:00 PM tonight

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks sounds like a good spot and its on my way too. Do you know what the normal hours are for the store?

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
I know he closes at 5:30 on Sat. And @ 7:00 tonight.

I think opens at 5:30 AM.

I will get hours this afternoon and post them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts