Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished SPSP today from about 7 through 2PM.

I had better luck meeting a bunch of Pier & Surf guys-- McRae, Long Ranger, Capt. Cupcake, Yellow Ray, etc-- than I did hauling in fish, which were limited to a coupla throwback stripers and a short craoker.. a short croaker, who ever heard of such a thing? Ugh, that kind of day.

I did have one monster pulldown which followed the day's pattern-- hauled in 3/4 of the way in and, by my best guess, the bottom hook on the rig snagged up on somehting about 30 feet off the beach. By the time I had it cleared, I'd lost the fish and retrieved a rig with a bent bottom hook and a top hook stripped of bait.

The upside were some beautiful stripers caught-- saw a few keepers come in between 10.30 and noon, the croakers showed up just as I was leaving, and some gut down towards the breakwater was hauling in a monster rock that Ranger got on tape.

All in all a good day-- but an empty cooler. C'est la vie.

Bob

·
Registered
190 Posts
Got to SPSP today about 4:45pm met up with Thurston from the exterme casting clinic, caught about a dozen croakers 16 to 20 ins. at the point, they were a little ways out.Also caught a couple short stipers.Left at closing 8:00pm.We went over to Matapeake afterwards it was cold windy and slow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.