Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to SPSP and got there around 730ish set up 2 rods and was dead for good 2 hours. The current was strong and had to toss out 6oz to hold bottom.
around 10pm after getting ready to pack up I get a hit. And of course I miss it. Frustrated I cast out another chunk bait and this time I hook up with one.

Orange

It was pretty fat and I thought it was going to be bigger but ended up being 16 1/2

Getting excited I toss out another chunk and within 5 min I hook up with another.

Fun Night Performance Space

and land this one and it barely made the size limit.

at 1030pm I decided to use my last chuck and again with in 5 min I get a hit but didn't hook up. packed up and called it a night at 1040pm

Bait: Fresh alewive chunk from anglers
Used: 6oz fish finder rig with 6/0 circle hook

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone Im going to try to make it out to the surf within next 2 weeks and try to get some reports out as well.

Good job Cal. I was at Metapeake Sunday 2-7PM not a nibble.
I'll be hitting IRI Sunday for togs.
Haha. Yea I feel you. I was actually at Metapeake on saturday night from 6pm - 11pm and I saw people catching WP but nothing else. Its been pretty underwhelming at Metapeake this season cant even catch shorts for fun.

But definitely give us some good report from IRI. Im going to try to make it out there this or next weekend with my bro to try our hands at IRI togging. Had success last season at ocean city but IRI scares me with losing too many tackles.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Grady Black and fished the surf at iri on Sat hooked 1 dogfish and a small blue from 0700 til 1100. Went to lunch and came back to the north side of the inlet to catch the end of the incoming tide but too crowded and didn't feel like bumming in on anyone's space. High tides from storms and king tides really did a number on the beach and dunes and incoming tide kept pushing us back to the fence line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.