Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To test my theory and to get out of the house I decided to go fishing yesterday evening. According to my chart and theories regarding fish at SPSP yesterday would not be a good day for big fish (stripers). The tide and the early closing of the park would not allow me to stay until the big-uns would be biting. Well I was right! There were plenty of perch available. I took home 11 of the larger ones (7 to 9 inches) with numerous throw backs. They wer biting so good around 6:30 that you didn't have to set your rod down. We did catch a couple of dink stripers right before we left.

Yes we were there that late. We happened to have on duty one of the coolest DNR guys I have ever met! He said we could stay until the last boat came in:D . When we left there was still one guy out there in his boat. there was also one guy still on the beach! The park ranger just came by to check if we were still inside. He was waiting till we left to lock the gate! If only the tide was right I'm sure we could have loaded up!:D Beautiful night to be on the beach......there were a whole bunch of hand holders walking the surf.........

1 - 1 of 1 Posts