Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my twins out for two hours yesterday. The incoming tide had great potential for a productive time. We were using fat bloods from Warren's Bait Box. The perch bite was immediate! The children were catching double headers on a regular basis. They perch were small but they provided the kids with fun. After a visit from our friendly park ranger (6:30pm) who reminded us to be out the park at 7:00 pm my daughter yelled that she had a "big one" on. The big one was a spot and a twelve inch striper.

We then proceeded to hook up on three more rockfish of identical proportions. Then it was time to leave. Man, these fall hours need to be adjusted for the fishermen..:(

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
SPSP

I was there Sat. morning nothings. The last 2 times I have been there, I left empty handed.

Warren's does have some nice bloods.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Big Rad, it's sad to see such a good fishing spot close at sunset. It's an easy place to fish and produced a lot of fish during the spring. I can't imagine how good it would be in the fall for night fishing if it was open.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder why it would close......

We were checked out by two different DNR enforcement officers. One actually seemed to be checking on the other one! I know that the night fishing has got to be great. As soon as the sun touches the far horizon (when the tide is right) it seems like someone has thrown a switch and the fish turn on! Ahhhhh I wish, I wish, I wish.....

·
Registered
720 Posts
I suppose they close since they don't really make any money during the off seasons. Normally they charge $3-4 per person during the summer for beach goers while they only charge $1 per car to fishermen after sunset. They don't make much profit off of allowing people to stay after sunset so it makes sense to close down the park. A dollar doesn't buy much these days I guess :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts