Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made it out to the beach a little later than I planned but I got there to find the tide really moving! I met Fl Fisherman out there too. The little rat rock were out in force yesterday. They were anywhere from 6 inches out to 14 inches. I waded through those and was able to land a twenty two incher on bloodworms. Caught a double header of jumbo spot, a couple of dink croakers, the ever pesent perch and finally a fat 14 inch croaker that slammed my rod right around 9:15. I will say this though. if you havent gotten a bite within 10 minutes, check your bait. The bait crimminals are out in force. I left FL Fisherman out there as the moon rose over the pounding surf ...........

·
Registered
597 Posts
Nice report Big Rad. I am heading there tonight and I am glad to see you guys caught some good ones. Check you bait, yes, most people forget that it is most important to have bait on the hook.

·
Registered
129 Posts
hehehe. Anyone know if larger kingfish behave differently than the younger/smaller ones? I can catch plenty of those in any surf, just wondering where the big ones are. The smaller ones are just a tad too small to bother cleaning...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts