Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was another slow night, but better than Thurs nite. Caught 2 croakers and 4 big spot. Met up with Addicted, Reddog1, & Huntsman. Before they showed up, I did'nt see anyone catching anything. It was pretty crowded, but folks were packing it in quite early. All of my catches were during daylight, once it got dark, NADA. Addicted's friend did catch 1 croaker and Huntsman and Reddog1 caught perch. BTW, how did ya'll do after I left? Anyway, I might punish myself and return tonite (again), I still may hit PLO (can't get any worse)..

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
TunaFish...To be sucessfull fishing SPSP you really have to fish the tides and the ebb (outgoing) is the best time. Yesterday your prime time would have been between 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM and today just move time up 1 hr. You said the bite stopped around dark. It's only coincidental but that was at low tide. Low tide anytime during the day is non productive. Use the tide tables and you'll put more fish in the cooler. Good luck today.

Catman.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just woke up about an hour ago. I am beat from fishing every day this week. Although the fishing wasn't spectacular last night, the company was great. It was good to meet you:tuna, reddog, and huntsman. Its hard to find individuals that are crazy about fishing like you guys. Thanks for the birthday wishes reddog. I think i'll celebrate by wetting my lines again. I might try breezypoint. Not sure though. If not i'll be at spsp again, waiting for the big one.

-addicted

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Catman

Before we got all of these daily downpours, the tide did'nt made too much of a difference at SPSP (for me anyway). Once it gotten dark, my poles got slammed all night long. After while, I stopped looking at the tide chart and just head to the point after work and the fun begins. You were right about the 7:00 prime time though, I caught my only Spot at that time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.