Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing was just that. I was surprised to see spot and croakers along with the perch. The fish were on the small side with an occasional keeper thrown in. There was one high tide yesterday around twelve pm. The bite was steady using bloodworms. Cut spot resulted in one serious hit but unfortunately no joy in landing. As a side note, while everyone was trying for distance a young man managed a 20 inch rockfish using a string tied to a coke bottle 15 yards from the wash.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
Rad when I lived in Puerto Rico the locals fished that way. The line comes off the bottle just like it does on a spinning reel.

·
Registered
298 Posts
thanks for the update. hope to be out soon. all this damn rain .might try to get sat or sunday

·
Registered
395 Posts
I think it's gonna be a good year for fishing...hopefully, the spot come with some size. Fished Annapolis, a month or so back, and my buddy was getting double headers w/bait sized spot (4 inches or so) at night. In the morning I got a few nice white perch.

Fished beach in Solomons area and got a nice, 20", striper and a snapper blue (13")...along with a few keeper spot (7-8"). When I first arrived, I heard something moving behind me and thought it was a rat. Started looking in the rocks and look who I found on his back...in the sand...at the beach!!! Did a little rescue and walked him to a nearby pond. He barely fit in a 5 gal bucket, but I think he was too tired to fight - LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Fishing was just that. I was surprised to see spot and croakers along with the perch. The fish were on the small side with an occasional keeper thrown in. There was one high tide yesterday around twelve pm. The bite was steady using bloodworms. Cut spot resulted in one serious hit but unfortunately no joy in landing. As a side note, while everyone was trying for distance a young man managed a 20 inch rockfish using a string tied to a coke bottle 15 yards from the wash.
Hey BR! Long time! Nice report. Still using the Tica ? Hope all is well with you.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey BR! Long time! Nice report. Still using the Tica ? Hope all is well with you.
The Tica is used by my daughter whenever she goes out! How are you and the "boys"? Is your fishing group still intact?

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it's gonna be a good year for fishing...hopefully, the spot come with some size. Fished Annapolis, a month or so back, and my buddy was getting double headers w/bait sized spot (4 inches or so) at night. In the morning I got a few nice white perch.

Fished beach in Solomons area and got a nice, 20", striper and a snapper blue (13")...along with a few keeper spot (7-8"). When I first arrived, I heard something moving behind me and thought it was a rat. Started looking in the rocks and look who I found on his back...in the sand...at the beach!!! Did a little rescue and walked him to a nearby pond. He barely fit in a 5 gal bucket, but I think he was too tired to fight - LOL.
Great save on the biter! Thanks for the report!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts