Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Steel leaders and mullet fillets on treble hooks. There are other fish around but the Blues are really thick where I've been fishing.

I'll send you a pm about the guide.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I just returned from a trip to Springmaid Pier. I was there from 10/14- 10/17. The fishing was pretty good for the most part. We caught quite a few spots and pompano. The bite was rather consistent during the moring but tapered off during the afternoon. A fair number of blues were being caught on the Tee along with the occasional trout and black drum. Hop0efully the cooler days will help the fishing along. Hope this helps.:fishing:

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
what size blues and any space for casting got-cha plugs? it gets crowded during this time of the year(spot season). ppl that u dont see on regular basis appear to fish for spots.

·
Registered
921 Posts
The blues that I saw were in the 12-16 inch range. There were plenty of mullet in the surf during the morning hours. Actually there was plenty of room to cast gotchas past the shed on the pier. I also saw a number of blues caught from the surf. I plan to be back there next week if the weather permits.:fishing:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was there on the 17th and 18th. The spots were biting like crazy. Caught a cooler full of them along with a few sheepshead and pompano. Was using shrimp and bloodworms along with a bloodworm artificial bait. Several people were just using redworms. Had alot of fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts