Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone down for a meet up? April 10th at sandy point. I would like to get a fishing tailgate together if possible while practicing for the open of the striper season the following week. Nothing fancy but I have small portable charcoal grill if the weather permits, if not I also have a portable gas burner for hotdogs.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Remember how the last meet up turned out? Not the spring fling i dont think. Which one was it where everyone flaked and one poor guy showed up?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I'll be away on business in Cleveland, the way things stand right now, but if that changes I'd be up for it!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Remember how the last meet up turned out?
Agreed, it was a pretty small number of folks there last year from P&S ... heck, it was a pretty small number of people at the park period. However, there was a fierce wind blowing! I'd have stayed longer if I was getting even a nibble, but at least I got to try out my new Saltiga rod!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Remember how the last meet up turned out? Not the spring fling i dont think. Which one was it where everyone flaked and one poor guy showed up?
so they should put us down for attending?

you're thinking of the overnight thing they trying to set up on the choptank. I will be going to the SOL food fling in NJ though in march.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just trying to fish without having a crowded beach and meet a few folks with out the swearing due to crossed lines. pack a hotdogs w/buns, charcoal, gas for the burner < $20. if we get enough people to come out we can start a pot.

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
I don't fish the C&R season but I'm down for a tailgate and meeting everyone. All the faces will be new to me. Not many of the old gang around anymore. Hot dogs sound great to me!!!

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I'd be in for it, but either way I'll be out on Sandy Point pretty regularly once the water warms. Striper fishing isn't what it used to be but it's still a nice way to shake off a long winter.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not sure if I could make this but would definitely be interested in trying to do the catfish tournament at the choptank like suggested last year if people would be interested

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I so want to make the date.. but I have charters starting at 9am. Some year I will make this short drive and meet up with the great crew on PierAndSurf.

Capt Mike

·
Registered
978 Posts
Hahaha maybe I should have been more clear. I was thinking of a fishing pot. 5 bucks a person. Start from 10 am to 3pm. Largest fish gets the pot.
OH....my bad! Actually what your talkin about is gettin in "the pool" (east coast headboat terminology).

I can still bring the pot though LOL :D

Don't think those hours will work. I'm thinkin more like 5am til 11am. Great idea though. I'm in if the wind's not crankin.

Since moving to eastern shore I plan on hittin that place alot. KN too. Unfortunately I'll have to get my bloods now over at Stranglers now. :(

1 - 20 of 41 Posts