Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone down for a meet up? April 10th at sandy point. I would like to get a fishing tailgate together if possible while practicing for the open of the striper season the following week. Nothing fancy but I have small portable charcoal grill if the weather permits, if not I also have a portable gas burner for hotdogs.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Remember how the last meet up turned out?
Agreed, it was a pretty small number of folks there last year from P&S ... heck, it was a pretty small number of people at the park period. However, there was a fierce wind blowing! I'd have stayed longer if I was getting even a nibble, but at least I got to try out my new Saltiga rod!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just trying to fish without having a crowded beach and meet a few folks with out the swearing due to crossed lines. pack a hotdogs w/buns, charcoal, gas for the burner < $20. if we get enough people to come out we can start a pot.

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
I don't fish the C&R season but I'm down for a tailgate and meeting everyone. All the faces will be new to me. Not many of the old gang around anymore. Hot dogs sound great to me!!!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Hahaha maybe I should have been more clear. I was thinking of a fishing pot. 5 bucks a person. Start from 10 am to 3pm. Largest fish gets the pot.
OH....my bad! Actually what your talkin about is gettin in "the pool" (east coast headboat terminology).

I can still bring the pot though LOL :D

Don't think those hours will work. I'm thinkin more like 5am til 11am. Great idea though. I'm in if the wind's not crankin.

Since moving to eastern shore I plan on hittin that place alot. KN too. Unfortunately I'll have to get my bloods now over at Stranglers now. :(

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.