Pier and Surf Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I probably should get one some time ... though I have no idea what to look for! Going to Cabelas tomorrow, so I'll see if they have any ...
This is what you want. I think Cabelas carries the folding one. This one has a 36" dia.

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Hey guys just a little tip - This is the area where you need to put your bait.;):fishing: I call it THE KITCHEN TABLE:D

·
Registered
978 Posts
Cali you know from a previous post I don't fish for Black Drum but I'd be more than happy to share the rail with you for some catfish action.:cool::fishing:
So....what species of cats can we expect to see at "the Tank"? Is it mostly 2-4# Channels?
Are there any "monster" Blue cats to be had?

During the summer months I've actually caught spotted sea trout in the 12-14" class on the south side fishing "gulp" swimming mullets.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I probably should get one some time ... though I have no idea what to look for! Going to Cabelas tomorrow, so I'll see if they have any ...
From a previous post, dude says that new tackle store on eastbound 50 on Kent Is., exit 39B is blowing them out for $22. That's where I'm getting mine.

Kind of a pain draggin a 3' circle net around though.

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
So....what species of cats can we expect to see at "the Tank"? Is it mostly 2-4# Channels?
Are there any "monster" Blue cats to be had?.........
Yes it is mostly 2-4# Channels and that's the size I love to catch and eat. When I put 12 - 18 of those in my cooler I'm a very happy angler.:D I do however usually end up with 2 or 3 in the 5#-10# class and that's why I bring my drop/pier net. This year we also have a very good possibility of catching some tackle buster blue & flathead cats. Ain't that going to be a hoot.;):cool: Anyway this season cats are going to be my primary target from my boat, piers, bridges and shore.:D:fishing: That's why they call me CATMAN

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yes it is mostly 2-4# Channels and that's the size I love to catch and eat. When I put 12 - 18 of those in my cooler I'm a very happy angler.:D I do however usually end up with 2 or 3 in the 5#-10# class and that's why I bring my drop/pier net. This year we also have a very good possibility of catching some tackle buster blue & flathead cats. Ain't that going to be a hoot.;):cool: Anyway this season cats are going to be my primary target from my boat, piers, bridges and shore.:D:fishing: That's why they call me CATMAN
HA HA HA.....OK Then

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
OK guys - Who is going to participate?

CHOPTANK PIER CATFISH TOURNAMENT
WHEN - Saturday May 9th, 2015
WHERE - Talbot County Side
TIME - 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Catman, you still presiding over this event, given your upcoming surgery?
With the surgery scheduled for May 5th I'm sorry to say with a great deal of disappointment "no". When I'm into rehab therapy I'll have a better feel as to when we can reschedule it. Again I'm sorry about the disappointment.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
With the surgery scheduled for May 5th I'm sorry to say with a great deal of disappointment "no". When I'm into rehab therapy I'll have a better feel as to when we can reschedule it. Again I'm sorry about the disappointment.
Hey, no problem ... get well again and we'll look forward to getting some catfishing schooling at a later date :)

61 - 73 of 73 Posts