Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum. Well, kinda new. I have signed up for a while but just never learnt how to post. I've notice this forum wasn't what it used to be. Fewer and fewer posts.
I am hoping to contribute my fishing experience. Please bare with me as I am trying to learn to navigate this site.
Went out on father's day and caught my limit on spotted seatrouts on the eastern shore. The smallest one was 18"

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Nice catch Dude. I'd say you had an outstanding Father's Day.. 👍 👍

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it was a great father’s Day. They’re delicious. I am hoping to get out there this weekend and hope to land a few more while they’re in. Tight lines

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Yes it was a great father’s Day. They’re delicious. I am hoping to get out there this weekend and hope to land a few more while they’re in. Tight lines
Were you in a boat jigging for them or fishing from shore? Anyway good luck on your next trip and YES they are delicious. 👍

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Killin it again. Keep posting.
You've gotta be getting these fish on the VA side of the Bay(way south) since you got them almost a month ago.
By the way, the correct name for those gorgeous fish is "Speckled trout". The other species of trout caught in these waters is call a "Grey trout or Weakfish". A lot of people don't know that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Killin it again. Keep posting.
You've gotta be getting these fish on the VA side of the Bay(way south) since you got them almost a month ago.
By the way, the correct name for those gorgeous fish is "Speckled trout". The other species of trout caught in these waters is call a "Grey trout or Weakfish". A lot of people don't know that.
I actually prefer speckled Seatrouts but I go by Spotted because regulation book says Spotted Seatrouts.
Weakfish to me has always simply been called Seatrouts. We don’t hear weakfish too much. They are also speckly as well and gorgeous fish. So I don’t want to confuse people with the 1 fish limit. Lol
All were caught on MD side, not VA. That’s too far for me. But would love to travel there one day just to fish. Bay Bridge Tunnel is next place I want to fish.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts