Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got a report from Surf City pier, or any pier further south. Heading out tomorrow after spots.:fishing:

·
Registered
178 Posts
ecs reports spots an black drum 2 at a time from all 3 piers on topsail an in the surf. 9.12 am sunday morning.......

·
3,775 Posts
Kure BEach Pier was much the same this afternoon. I saw at least five-five gallon buckets full as well as some coolers at the cleaning table.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Fished Seaview Pier this AM on North Topsail, and I did not see a single spot caught (there were a lot of folks there though, so it is possible that somebody did get some). Black drum, on the other hand, were all over the place - many of them brought up were shoebox sized.

Bait of choice was cut shrimp...

·
3,775 Posts
Spotheads

fishbites, bloodworms and shrimp.

Thats my yellow fishhead bucket waiting for spot heads. Notice someone elses also in the background. It has a sign onit that says "spot heads please"

·
Registered
32 Posts
cleaning them spots !

Ryan it was great to meet you at the pier sunday, enjoyed the conversation and thanks for the info on the heavers, I have to get some built before drum season next year. I would like to look at the gear you use, that would help as I wouldt be buying crap I didnt need. Thats me and my brother Chuck at the cleaning table it took us both 4 1/2 hrs to clean those spots, nonstop. Catching them is the the best part of that deal, its just hard to stop and before you know it you got 300 or 400 fish. Hope to see you in High Point in Febuary at the Rod Builders Expo I'll buy you a beer. Keep workin on those drum.

Mike Thompson
Thompsons Custom Rods

1 - 8 of 8 Posts