Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Any updates on the fishing at Point Lookout pier during the day? Planning to go there on Saturday but it will be a long ride for me so I want to make sure that there are some fishing activity first before I make the long trip. Are the spots running yet? If yes, are there any size to them?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
The last time I fished PLO pier I was catching mostly spot, with the occasional croaker mixed in. I tried cutting the spot and going after bigger fish but only takers were skates. Bloodworms worked for me that day...All the spot were between 6" and 8". Good luck if you go, and be careful of speeding, who knew DNR could ticket you for speeding :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
PLO

f210,

Fished PLO (causeway) about 2 weeks ago. Did fairly well. Caught about 20 croaker (some small), kept 6 14inches or better. Caught one trout about 17inches. Croaker were caught on squid, and the trout on cut croaker. Caught fish on both tides, and even a couple on slack tide. All fish caught at night between 9:00pm and sunrise. Once the sun came up the bite stopped.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
93 Posts
No Bluefish would take my offerings, seems like the skate got to it before anything else could. I plan to go to PLO again real soon so please post your results.

·
Registered
37 Posts
PLO

DITTO. No Bluefish caught or seen caught by others. I don't know when they are going to arrive. I'll probably try again in August.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks for the 411 guys;it's going to be a great fall fishing this year. maybe the water is not salty enough wev'e been getting alot of rain these day's. thanks again guy's!!!! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts