Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the family to Great Neck last week and fished southside of Long Creek between the two Great Neck Road bridges. Spot weren't thick, but they were big. We all landed citations, biggest was 1.5 lb 12.5 incher. Next day, only one citation. Day after my brother returned and put 23 in his bucket but no citations. Rebuilding the fish stock after the great Isabel freezer thaw. Great fishing spot, family accessable and free. Saturday I hit Ocean View. First, I lost my castnet when it got tangled in Izzy debris, then I broke my rod when it got tangled in Izzy debris, then I went home and sat in the dark. Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you.

·
Registered
634 Posts
yea last week i stopped at lighthouse tackle to buy bloodworms and asked the guy.."wheres the hotspot?" and he said great neck....also seen the reports from tidalfish.com of all the boat guys getting citations...i'll keep that place in mind for next spot season.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.