Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on heading out to Sandbridge in search of drum, but I need some mullet or spot for bait. Has anyone heard if Rudee Inlet is producing mullet with a cast net or spot? What about spot from the surf? All help is appreciated.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Shoeless,Been stocking up on live spot on my buddy's 55gallon drum @ his boat dock(Lynnhaven Boatel).All we have been doing is using brined blood worms and small fresh water hooks on hand made quardruple bottom rigs(8 lbs test).We have been doing pretty good on his dock,but I can imagine the small spots are plentiful @ the Broad Bay Passsage Wall,if you can't get to a dock.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. When going to Broad Bay Passage from Oceana do I take a left at the light before the bridge and park on the street, or is there a lot?

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
If you will be heading down VA Beach Blvd,and making a riht on to Great Neck,you will be making a rite @ the lite b4 the bridge.You will then make a rite @ the stop sign.I have been parking behind the white trash can.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking the same thing. Also wanted to know how to brine spot/mullet/bunker, etc. Anyone out there have any info on this? Also, Lighthouse had some BIG bloodworms on WED night, and no they were not the nuclear worms - just big, fat, healthy bloodworms.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Monster Bloodworms

Yep
The worms I've gotten the past two fishing trips have been twice the normal size. I've gotten them from Shorty's on Canel Drive in Chesapeake.

Whenever I don't use them all I just drown them and salt and they are good for the next trip. It makes the skin tough but they are still good.

I tried keeping them in the fridge and just flip them over ever time I open the box but that usually only keeps them for about 2 to 3 days

1 - 7 of 7 Posts