Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the spiderwire in the mail today. It's 30lb test at 75 yards, not really enough for my purposes but it was free, so I guess I shouldn't complain. :rolleyes:

Anyone else get their's yet?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Is that all 75 yard's Im not fishing in a pond. But like you said it was free. They should have been a little more genorous with the amount of line. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And no I havn't recieved my generous spool of Spider Wire yet.

T<---->--<>Lines
Kozlow

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose it would work for big sheepshead around pilings, that's about it. No way I can turn around a big red on so little yardage. :(

·
Registered
389 Posts
I can't even load my freshwater stuff with that much.I guess you might could use it for a shock leader or something maybe on some rigs.Just seems it should have been 150 or so,that would have been a little more usefull. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Oh that's completely worthless. It takes at least 300 yards to spool up a plugging reel with that super thin line.

Oh well, I guess the cost of manufacture dictates that they can't give large amounts of this stuff away...maybe we can pool our lines, use Bimini twists to put them together, and one of us can have a useful length of line :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Haven't recieved my free spool yet but if only 75 yards I agree thats almost useless. I have 150 yards on my smallest freshwater rig. Well could use it as a shock leader if it ever gets here. ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
You can use it to tie stuff down to and on your cars, trucks, carts and wagons. Shoot you can even tie your kids down while you fish.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I'm going to leave big birdsnest on the beach to get birds tangled up in.
Why would they only give 75 yards? What's the point of that? Even a small micro rod for sunfish uses more than 75.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Thats alotta mono backing.May be the spiderwire is intended for my daughter's Snoopy rod and reel?????

I will send a pic as soon as she lands her fish on the spider-sputter,I mean wire. :D

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's what everyone should do, mail me all yours and I will tie it all together for my big shark/drum pole. I think I could get about 350 yards or more on that pole.

Or, I could just use the stuff to tie up poachers. Spiderwire has many uses, including, but not limited to: sewing, cargo transport, car repair, home decor, self defense/martial arts, gardening, as well many other domestic uses. Holds up better than mono too.

Let me know what else you have used fishing line for, and I can always explain what all the above uses mean. :p

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Anyone ever use those plastic circle things with line on them that they use in central america? The line wraps around the circle and you throw the line out by hand. They sell them at BPS. 75 yards would work well for that.
I'm not into the whole mono backing crap. I like my reels to be full of one type of line with no knots.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, I know what you're talking about. They're called yo-yo's and I used to use them when I lived in Miami. When you're a kid it's simple and convenient and I used to use it to fish in the canals leading to the ocean in the Keys. Caught plenty of white grunts on it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
please do not use this line as a hand line. you may loose a few fingers or even your hand. :p

if you don't want your free spool, send it to me. 75 yards is all i need. :D :D :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
mine hasn't showed yet, but i think it will do just fine for some largemouth bass. tough stuff for the structure during the spring spawn. has everyone forgotten their freshwater roots, or are you all old salts?

·
Registered
291 Posts
still waiting.......

Spiderwire mightwork as shockleader or if your lucky you could sell it to someone and get something useful.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts