Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fished with it? And if so, how does it stack up with the other lines? In the past I used berkley big game, but can get ahold of 2500 yards for less than 20 bucks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Baran013,

Yea, I tried it as leader once, and didn't care for it at all. There's no way I'd spool up with line that high in memory. To me, the high memory offsets any advantage of the smaller diameter. Pinch it, and this is the way your line looks, "<." Tie a hook on, and you'll see this right above the knot, "~~~." Others may disagree, but I don't like it.

Bottomfisher

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used SuperMonoXXX 17lb. test all last year on one of my rods. It consitantly caught more fish than my fishing buddy. Cant say it was the Spiderline but cant say it wasnt. The line was recommended to me by a friend that swore by it.

I hooked up to more rays than I wanted too. One was wider than my 13 foot boat. And managed to get them to the peir where we were fishing before cutting the line loose.

I just bought two more spools to fill my other rods. I for one think its great. jack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts