Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I may be heading for the Texas gulf coast on a little biz trip at the end of the month. So I checked into the license requirements. Man, we've got it easy compared to them . $30 for a basic resident license, $10 for a saltwater stamp. Plus tarpon tags, red drum tags, etc.

Non-resident 5 day temporary license is $20 for 5 consecutive days plus any stamps. $30 for a 5 day non-resident license, no mention of consecutive days on this one. Plus of course any required stamps.

I might be able to squeeze 1 or maybe 2 evenings at most for fishing. Maybe I'll just get a fish taco instead. :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
I know that I am naturally the pessimistic type, but I truly believe that the Commonwealth will eventually move into the stamp system regarding fishing just like they did in hunting. Imagine, the Game Warden walks up, "Nice Cobe there bud! Can I please see your licsence and Cobia stamp?":rolleyes:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, and I can hear them saying how they are managing the cobia fishery! Meanwhile the stamp money goes to the general fund. Kinda like the way they screwed up social security many years back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts