Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatz up with these small trouts this year ? Hopefully I was just in the wrong place fishn ! The ones I caught outta Deltaville were all small . Maybe the bigger ones are in the back creeks . Gonna give it a try sat and see what happens . At least them spot got some relly decent size on them this year :cool:

·
Registered
113 Posts
INAWE:::

How's it going? So at least your get some trout... Up here in the North nothing.. I would like to know how fish were killed in NC by the cold. One would think they would just head to warmer water. Anyway hows the boat and what fish are still bitting good?

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
would like to know how fish were killed in NC by the cold. One would think they would just head to warmer water.

Morrocco Mole, if I remember hearing right last yr th entire sound froze over. Hatteras Island got 16+ in. of snow. That don't happen down there very often.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yo Mole !! spots starting to b on the move out ; there still catching some fatties thou , spots , trout , smallies thou , rockfish :D shal i continue hey CDog ill b around INDIAN FIELD sunday Digger you can come too :cool:

·
Registered
113 Posts
INAWE:::
Hey, things sound pretty good for you guys still.

Cdog and Digger:::

The trout information is not in question at all. I guess they winter in that area? Also do you guys see many S0peckle Trout? Up here we do not just Gray Trout or AKA Weakfish.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ohh yeah i just aint had a chance to really venture out for m yet :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
OK!
I would like to try for Tog. Do you know what the limits are on them there and do they catch good numbers of them? Also can you recommend a party boat for me to give them a try on?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
na but im sure someone round here knows

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MOLE

Try 1 of these [ capt ferrell mclain - 888-bayfish ] or less s tress charters - 804- 725- 3889 :)

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Morrocco Mole, there are specs around although I usally catch th grays. I think th boaters do better with th specs. As far as tog an trigger fish I haven't targeted them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Cdog...

Thanks for that update. I know up here we love to catch Tog but you have to fish in Rocky Jetties or over Wrecks and reefs (aka) SNAGS. It takes talent to hook them and when you have one on... Please hold on to the bar.... They fight very hard and will always head back into there hide out. They are a solid fish for example, if you have a Sea Bass or Striper the same length as a Tog. The Tog would out weight it and they are excellent to eat. After all they prefer to only eat shellfish. Just think you are what you eat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts