Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, been a while since posted a report so here goes. Launched this morning after sunrise in Broad Bay and 5 minutes into casting had to race back to shore to avoid getting drenched in a downpour. Sat in the car and waited for about an hour for it to clear and re-launched. Found schools of Specks all over roiling and boiling on the surface near any dock or structure. Must have caught about 30 shorts on curly tail grubs on a 1/4oz. jig head, all were 9"-12". Also had some frozen mullet and squid but the two pulls I had on that were big crabs so put that away and stuck with the artificials. About 3:30 started my trip back in and decided to drag a grub on one side and a 5" Storm Shad on the other and both drags started going at same time. Pulled in ultralight first and was another 12" short, big rod had this nice 19" specimen you see below. Great day on the water and finally got a keeper sized anything. Thanks All. Tight Lines.

Fish Fish Trout Brown trout Salmon

·
Registered
24 Posts
Time for me to get rid of my jon boat and get a yak. Thanks for the report and good job on the catch!

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Good job sticking with it and scratching out a keeper. The Lynnhaven seems to be full of spike Specks this year, again.

Hopefully they'll survive the winter so next year they'll be the keepers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts