Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Still lots of Spanish Mackeral around fun to catch on light tackle. We free lined live sardines and pogies and had a good time. Also, lots of other small assorted junk fish with lots of action to keep kids busy.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Purty picture you got there! Thats a great thing your doin' taking the ol' man fishin' just like he taught you! Yea those macks are good on light tackle! let em run a bit then reel em in! its like a mini king!

·
Super Moderator
3,417 Posts
Hey scalawag, I see that this is your first post. Welcome to P&S!

Nice pic, too. I am hungry now! I love me some spannies!!!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Welcome to the family. Nice work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Bubba and Rudde dog, thanks for the welcome.

JHMORGAN the Sunshine Skyway pier is the old bridge that they left in place after building the new one. It is on I-275 crossing the entrance to Tampa bay. There is a north and south pier. We were at the south pier. Both ends have restrooms, bait shop and fish cleaning areas. I saw lots of bait the day we went that I was barely able to reach with my cast nets length.Next time I go I may lengthen my line. They have a website too. www.sunshineskyway.com or something like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bubba and Rudde dog, thanks for the welcome.

JHMORGAN the Sunshine Skyway pier is the old bridge that they left in place after building the new one. It is on I-275 crossing the entrance to Tampa bay. There is a north and south pier. We were at the south pier. Both ends have restrooms, bait shop and fish cleaning areas. I saw lots of bait the day we went that I was barely able to reach with my cast nets length.Next time I go I may lengthen my line. They have a website too. www.skywaypiers.com

·
Registered
916 Posts
I figrued that was the bridge you were talking about. I was just hoping beyond hope that it was in NE Fl since you are from JAX. Nice fish by the way

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nassau sound has a mile long fishing pier (the old bridge) that is on A1A just north of the St. Johns river and Jax. I have not been there yet but plan to soon. You can see it on Google Earth. I have heard some good things about it. I will post on here when I go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts