Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
Due to storm damage from Isabel, my family vacation on the outer banks has to be relocated. I have never been to Southport & am seeking opinions on that area. We are mostly interested in surf fishing and pier fishing in a family atmosphere. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
534 Posts
go to oak island and fish Oceancrest pier. you can check out their site @ www.oceancrestpier.com. It has the best fishing in the area. Oak Island is family oriented and quiet, no amusement parks, night clubs, etc. There are 3 piers on the island, yaupon, oceancrest and longbeach. Oceancrest and longbeach have websites with fishing reports.

ps. there are also some great restuarants in the area!!!!!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Plus there is good surf fishing at the north end of carolina Beach and at FOrt FIsher if thats your thing. I'f you've got a boat with a good depth finder Snow's CUt is the premier place for large flounder in NC

·
Registered
169 Posts
Also if I recall, tell Dave the manager at Ocean Crest Pier you saw it on Pierandsurf.com and you will get either one dollar off or a coupon good for one dollar off the next time. It is only a buck, but that will buy you a drink.

Ponchojoe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts