Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with PLO being no night fishing. What other then solomons could be a decent place to fish for croaker and other stuff?
Don’t have access to navy base fishing sadly anymore...

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Google up Elms Beach, Piney Point, and Greenwell State Park. They're within the vicinity of Solomons Island.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shall take a look then thanks...
Looking for options for night fishing spots until we get plo back for night fishing..
Went down to Solomon’s bridge pier and man wish they could upgrade this pier. Pretty tight areas... I normally fish navy rec pier but mostly good t section where u could hit that channel is gone....
there lots of spot in the area and perch seem to be active when there sun!

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Humm. I have never fished there. Didn't that pier got burned down few years ago? When I'm down that way I usually hit PAX/NAS.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I actually meant the other way around. Would have liked to fish the rec pier, but i think it was burnt down few years ago.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually meant the other way around. Would have liked to fish the rec pier, but i think it was burnt down few years ago.
No it got hit by barge and was damage by a hurricane in 2013 or 2011?
last year there were huge schools of bait fish and them schoolie rocks enjoy a live line bait fish drop to them.... never to find a keeper size... but they would chase red gatchas! Hope with this heat wave will get Solomon’s on fire!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts