Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about making a trip south sometime in the near future and was wondering how the beach access down there. Is the beach driving similar to Hatteras, hard pack or real loose soft sand. Hatteras can be both depending on the time of yr and weather. Are there lots of closures for birds and turtles and do they effect reaching good spots for fishing like the closures on Hatty? Can you camp on the beach? Lots of questions.
I'm intersted in trout and reds and maybe a toothy critter or two.

Thanks
Wayne

·
Registered
983 Posts
alright bud first off south padre is NOTHING like Hatteras its almost a powdery sand and the sand is almost never hard packed especially when its windy (if you got 4x4 you should still have no problem, i have a 2x4 ford ranger with a 4" lift and 32" all terrains and i still dont have much trouble) birds and turtles aint much of a problem down there (most of our turtles tend to pop up around corpus) there is alot of beach axcess close to towns but it can be miles between axcess roads if your away from the cities, you need a beach parking permit but its only a few bucks, (also make sure you have a Texas saltwater fishing license, our game wardens down here dont cut any slack)....you can camp on the beach and there are NO shortages on good spots to fish :) ................any more questions just ask and ill be happy to answer
Tight lines and God bless bud :beer:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.