Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Parked about 500 yards or so before the shoal ends to the north at Oregon Inlet. On his second cast , using cut bait, Fish Fool 2 had a fish on. Might mention the sun had yet to break the horizon and there were maybe 3 dozen vehicles arounds with folks just beginning to rise and shine. They'd yet to wet a bait.
So with no lines to contend with It was just Fishin Fool 2 and the fish, what seemed like a relatively short fight I saw what I thought was a big drum roll in the surf. Once beached, Fish Fooled 2 reached down, hoisted his catch. It was then I laid my eyes on the biggest ROCK I'd ever seen.
Pictures taken as the sun was rising on the horizon. Many that heard, came by and took pictures of the fish. You might just see some pictures soon, Tres Irby owner of Hatteras Outfitters was parked right next to us, ang got some pictures.
STATS: 44lbs.43",& 29" grth.
Congats to the Fishin Fool 2, he certainly earned it.

Ltr, Tim

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Nice fish! That one definitely had some girth!:)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
We need to arrange a trip to the promised land of NC

Thats why I want to go down there this winter;but I need another person that has a decent running car or Truck(because its 7 1/2hr drive);for my Bronco isnt in good shape.I can also split for motel and other things.So how bout it.:)

·
Registered
176 Posts
thanks Tim

You are a great fishing buddy. I really enjoyed fishing with you sat. I look forward to the next time. Thanks

P.S. You didn't mention that we had the second biggest fish too!!!! But that would be bragging.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ran outa space and .........really

Na, didn't want everone to know with the kazillion other vehicles on the beach you were the one catchin the big'uns. Figured you might be over whelmed with emails asking for your secrets to success.
ltr,t

1 - 7 of 7 Posts