Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we fished from Sunday to Tuesday beginning in Avalon (8th St.), then into Corson's Inlet...nothing. Sunday and Monday the AC surf, hit at least 12 (9"- 15" flounder), 17" tog and 17" striper on plastic. The "talk" was kingfish on Albany Ave. the slots were a calling, we didn't make it. Tuesday we hit the high tide at Longport...nothing. We'll be heading for north jersy this weekend ,then south to MD the next week. Hopefully things will pick up.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Fished the Ocean City area Saturday and ended up with a half dozen short fluke with as many swings and misses. Best action was at bottom of the afternoon tide. White gulps were the ticket and all fish took the teaser not the BT.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Finally got into some keepers on Saturday. Ocean City area, 9 fish all 16" or better and one fat 19" keeper. Up till now the biggest ones were 16". The hard NE blow pushed the bait and the bigger fish in tight I guess. Hope they stick around.

·
Registered
602 Posts
My string of good fishing ended yesterday with a total skunk at my favorite CMC inlet. Clean clear water, incoming tide, and not a tap. May try some king fishing out front this weekend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fished Townsends Inlet last week but caught nothing (bloodworms). Saw a couple of guys using spearing catching some keeper flounder.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Took a final shot at the flattops today Ocean City area and only managed 2 shorts and a handful of snapper blues. Fished a white BT/teaser combo tipped w/gulps. Water was stained and a bit weedy, but fishable. Time to get the bigger gear out.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Fished the front side at Cape May this weekend and it was dogfish all day and night. So far the bluefish blitz that is raging up and down the length of NJ has not reached the southern tip. The baitshop guy told me they were seeing more bass than blues, but none for me.

·
Registered
602 Posts
The bluefish bite seems to be slowing but I picked three bass (largest was 27") off the beach in Ocean City Saturday. Saw a few others caught, all shorts. beachbass.jpg

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hit the beach today with high hopes. The weather looked right, the water looked right, but the fish were nowhere to be found. Fished an inlet and out front in CMC and got only a few dogfish and skates for my trouble.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Parked the pole on the beach in Sea Isle yesterday with the SO with the kingfish rig and bloods. Had a fair number of bites but landed zero. Did manage to foul hook a skate though! Water still cold for June.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Really weird it's chilly up your way, because just south of you the water is hotter than I've seen in years. At least you're not dealing with shark hysteria...

·
Registered
602 Posts
Water up to low 70s now and the fluke bite is on. Got a late start but making up for it now. More keepers around than I've seen in years.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts