Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
There is a tremendous difference between Palm Beach-Broward and Jensen-Hobe-Stuart-Fort Pierce areas. In fact, the difference is so big that I think there should be a separate chart for all areas south of Jupiter.
The Pompano do not run in Palm beach, Broward and Dade counties to my knowledge during the winter. There are a few but not lots of them. The Gulf Stream brushes up against the south FL coast, with cooler
water starting near Stuart. Perhaps the water is too clear and warm father south? Perhaps the strong southeast winds in spring are needed in south FL to get water that is stirred up enough for Pomps. Pomps
dont like crystal clear water that is not moving (no current).

·
Banned
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a tremendous difference between Palm Beach-Broward and Jensen-Hobe-Stuart-Fort Pierce areas. In fact, the difference is so big that I think there should be a separate chart for all areas south of Jupiter.
The Pompano do not run in Palm beach, Broward and Dade counties to my knowledge during the winter. There are a few but not lots of them. The Gulf Stream brushes up against the south FL coast, with cooler
water starting near Stuart. Perhaps the water is too clear and warm father south? Perhaps the strong southeast winds in spring are needed in south FL to get water that is stirred up enough for Pomps. Pomps
dont like crystal clear water that is not moving (no current).
Agreed . . . I'd like to see Charts from different regions, rather than something "state-wide", too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts